Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Tunes on the iPod

I bought some airline tickets on Continental and got 10 “Free” downloads from the iTune store. I don’t buy a lot of music, at least not via the iTune store; preferring to purchase them on CD and then transfer it to my computer/iPod. The last time I wrote about this was about a year ago ( linked via title bar) and I had only 4 songs that I’d bought through iTunes; I’m up to 20 now, counting the 10 I just added.

Here’s my Purchased Music Playlist:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Take Me On – Ah-ha
If You Go Away – Neil Diamond
Is That All There Is – Peggy Lee
Secret Agent Man – Johnny Rivers
Haven’t Got Time for the Pain – Carly Simon
Frankenstein – Edgar Winter Group
Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Dean Martin *
Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence
I Like to Move It – Crazy Frog *
The Most Beautiful Girl – Charlie Rich
Piece of My Heart – Janis Joplin
The Power Of Love – Huey Lewis and the News
I Want a New Drug - Huey Lewis and the News
The Heart of Rock & Roll - Huey Lewis and the News
Gloria – Laura Branigan
Every Breath You Take – The Police
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) – Eurythmics
Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In – The 5th Dimension
The Lady In Red – Chris De Burgh

There were a couple of songs ( * ) that were picked by my daughter that would not have been on my list. “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”, by Dean Martin was okay; but not as good as my choice with Eydie Gorme and Steve Lawrence. Then there’s, “I Like to Move It”, from the kids movie, Madagascar, which my grandchildren think should be the all time number one hit recording of all time.

I found a common thread with most of the tunes, not all, but most are intended to be played loud. Maybe it’s because I’m half deaf or maybe that’s why I’m half deaf from playing loud music; doesn’t really matter. If I can get the sheet rock bending with the sub-woofer I have it just about right.

No comments: