Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What Do Cats Do All Day?


I should give credit to R. G. Combs ( linked via title bar) for his article, “CatCam” where he linked to a very neat site by a fellow who attached a miniature digital camera to his cat. Each day he downloads the randomly snapped photographs and posts them on his blog. Please treat yourself to some fun and take a look.

I read where the fellow is planning to market his CatCam to the public; no sale here, I already know most of the places my cat sleeps. I don’t need a picture of her king size bed that she lets us sleep in, her kitchen counter top where we attend to her needs, warming up on the television tuner box, my bathroom sink where I leave the faucet on a slow drip to accommodate her daily intake of filtered water or under her sofa where she hides from strangers we invite into her house.

I heard Rush Limbaugh on his radio show a while back explain the difference between dogs and cats; hope I remember it correctly; “Dogs have masters, Cats have staff”.

“On the other hand”, as Tevia would say in Fiddler on the Roof, I have to wonder; going through some of the snap shots I have on file of our Bubba. In case you’re wondering, my being close to East Texas and all, Bubba is short for Baby Kitty, which turned into Bubba Kitty and; well, you see how that ended up. Bubba eats quite a bit and so my daughter, a Star Wars fan, likes to call her Bubba Fat. I often wonder how much of our language cats take in, Bubba and my daughter don’t get along all that well; Bonnie likes to stomp her foot to scare Bubba and then pretend to chase her until Bubba hides and can’t be found for hours. It might be interesting to see where Bubba hides.

The photograph shown is Bubba face to face, or face to something else, with a turkey that was about to become Thanksgiving Dinner from several years ago. Bubba had the Clint Eastwood look, “Well, punk, did I shoot five times or six? In all this excitement I plum forgot. So, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya'?. . . Go a head, Punk, make my day.” (click on the picture to make it full size)

No comments: