Sunday, November 23, 2008

More Gospel in a Nutshell


I’ve mentioned before how I enjoy finding passages in the scriptures which encapsulate the basic principles of the Gospel in such a way as to hold most everything you need to know in a very condensed form. I refer to them as the Gospel in a Nutshell and they are everywhere; but for today I’ll use one found in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 3:3-11. I used an older copy on the scanner because of the way it all fit on one page.

Perhaps with the Christmas season just around the corner, the introduction in verse 3 sparked my interest, “I am come to declare unto you the glad tidings of great joy.” I think I’ll go back and read Isaiah and listen to Handle’s Messiah, “For unto us a child is born, a Son is given…” Can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

No comments: