Sunday, April 02, 2006

Go with me a little way

I know that many who read my articles click the “close box” at the first hint of anything religious and look for some political blog. There must be a rash of clicking going on now so I’ll wait a moment to see if anyone is left after the lights come back on. Go with me just a little way on this and your efforts will be returned several fold. Think of this as a movie review, one you hadn’t seen yet, may not of heard of because it didn’t have the right title, didn’t have the familiar hype necessary to grab your attention.

This weekend I had a chance to hear some of the finest spiritual talks ever given. These talks had but one purpose, to provide hope to the listener of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that he/she might return to Father in Heaven. If this one thought is on the edge of “possible”, that you have a Father in Heaven and that by some slim chance I have information that would make your return possible; then be of good cheer and go with me just a little further.

You are probably familiar with the line, “Repent, Repent and return unto me.”; but did you know that in Hebrew the root of the word Repent is to return or to change direction? If you would have a place in your heart for the possibility that you have a Father in Heaven, one who wants you to succeed in this mortality, one who has provided you with a way to achieve what you may consider to be nearly impossible, and yet something which you would dearly wish to still be possible; then go with me a little further.

Invest 8 hours of your “entertainment time”, call it what you will, and take the time to listen to the talks given during General Conference. They are in the process of being archived at this very moment, the Saturday Morning Session has already been posted. Each session of conference contains 2 hours of information worth much more than any Star Wars, Harry Potter, Titanic or any other top box office movie. It’s a gamble, I know, investing that much time to hear some “Bible Thumpers”, some boring choir music when you could be watching a TEVO generated recoding of the last episode of “24” after a hard day of work; go with me a little further. The link to the archives is in the title bar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: