Thursday, February 25, 2010

What would I do without my cat calendar?

Somebody gave us a cat calendar for Christmas, the kind where you tear off a page to get your daily cat related comic strip and sometimes a reminder of important dates in history. Did you know it was Mohammed’s birthday; at least it will be after the sun goes down?

In honor of such an important date maybe we should select one of our neighbors to strap on explosives and blow up a local shopping mall. How’s that for diversity in our tolerant society?

I was reading in the Book of Mormon last night and ran across what I refer to as ‘a Gospel in a nutshell’ passage; perhaps an over simplification; true none the less. To qualify for this distinction, the verse or combination of verses should be able to stand alone as it informs the reader that Jesus is the Christ, the savior of all mankind, and do this as if all other pages of scripture had been lost or unavailable for consideration. If you found this remnant of the scriptures you’d have at least a partial grasp at/of what God intended for you to understand regarding your eternal relationship to Him and His only begotten Son.

More often than not, when referencing a particular scripture I’ll cut and paste from the scriptures on line via lds.org; but when I can scan from my own scriptures and capture the image on a single pass I find it adds a personal touch, as if I’d let you read over my shoulder while sharing something I think is very important.

For your perusal I invite you to read Mosiah 3:3-11. ( Clicking on the image enlarges the image)

2 comments:

MathewK said...

It certainly fits the ‘a Gospel in a nutshell’ criteria.

T. F. Stern said...

MK, to begin with I hardly ever get comments to religious blogs I post, I lose my bet there. I call these "zero comment blogs". lol

Have you had much exposure to the Book of Mormon? It is scripture to be another witness that Jesus is the Christ, a companion to the Bible. I invite you to read it with that idea.

I'm available to answer questions, should you have any; either through my comment sections or via direct email correspondence. (check my profile for that)