Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sunset at the North Pole


Richard Sutton gets a tip of the hat for sending me a great photograph yesterday. I’ve already installed it as my wallpaper; replacing the “God’s Eye Nebula”.

I’m off to the airport in a little while to visit my folks. I’m taking a book my daughter gave me some time back; one that I can pick up and set down without finishing it since each chapter is unrelated to the next, “Famous American Speeches”. It should be fun on the airplane. I have my iPod all charged up and a good set of Sony ear buds that fit my ears much better than the flying saucer plugs that came with the unit. No blogging until I get back.

I get a kick out of reading quotes posted on the other folk’s blogs; tidbits spoken by some very influential folks. I’m in the middle of baseball fan depression season, a couple of months to go before Spring Training. Here’s great line that Tug McGraw pulled out of his hat.

When asked how he planned to spend his money after signing a nice contract with the team…

"Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: