Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Last Mimzy

In the past I’ve commented to various blogs written about literature that I enjoy good Sci-fi; that included in my list of favorites was a book of short stories by Lewis Padgett, “A Gnome There Was”. Today I ran across a movie trailer that gave me a glimpse of a movie which was based on one of those stories, “Mimsy Were The Borogoves”, a fantasy in which a toy box from the future makes its way into the hands of some children in present day. The title of this new movie, “The Last Mimzy”, was too close not to be related as I looked it up on Google. ( Spelling changes are not an accident )

I have no idea how close to the original story line the movie will adhere; all the same I’m looking forward with eager anticipation ( link in title bar ) in the hope that modern day special effects might make this wonderfully imaginative story come to life.


I have removed the embeded link which I found to be annoying at the least. Instead I am placing a link that takes you to their website and movie trailer.

http://www.mimzy.com/

No comments: