Friday, June 05, 2009

Boys of Summer







My buddy Don Guthrie had four tickets to the Astros ball game he couldn’t make and he remembered how much Lucy and I enjoyed going to the park. We shared our good fortune with two friends, Carmen and Chuck, living here under the Witness Protection program; hope they don’t mind mentioning their names.

Lucy took this picture as we entered Minute Maid Park on the Right Field side where they have all manner of photo opportunities for the younger kids. They have a mock dugout bench with cardboard cut outs of notable Astros like Craig Biggio and Carlos Lee.

When I was working as a police officer for HPD one of my extra employment opportunities was at the Astrodome. A couple of times, not very many, I got to sit in the dugout during the game; stepping out onto the playing field in between innings as a security measure. There’s something about baseball that brings out the Boys of Summer.


In case I didn’t say it earlier, Thanks Don! I hope you have to go out of town on business again, soon.


No comments: