Friday, August 07, 2009

Ink Heart on DVD



My daughter Jennifer let me borrow her copy of Ink Heart on DVD. I wasn’t familiar with the movie title; however, she gave me a run down of the basic story line and I was intrigued. I visited their website and found that it is part of a trilogy which I intend to purchase in book form; it isn’t often I find truly original writing.

“Based on the best-selling book by Cornelia Funke, “Inkheart” is a fantasy adventure that sends a father and daughter on a quest through worlds both real and imagined.

Mortimer “Mo” Folchart (Brendan Fraser) and his 12-year-old daughter, Meggie (Eliza Hope Bennett), share a passion for books. What they also share is an extraordinary gift for bringing characters from books to life when they read aloud. But there is a danger: when a character is brought to life from a book, a real person disappears into its pages…”

No comments: