Saturday, September 26, 2009

Selling With Real Enthusiasm


I watched a video , a rather long video at that, regarding how to properly evaluate the usefulness of a hand gun. I was entranced by the enthusiasm which flowed from the presenter, his honest likes or preferences.

I’m an “old head” retired cop with a preference toward the revolver; I know, a dinosaur. I posted a picture of my primary duty weapon some time back and it’s still my favorite for getting off the first shot. Today I’ll give you a different look at that same pistol, an X-ray taken by my chiropractor; charged me $35, still wondering how that showed up in billing.

My partner and I used to go down to the Capitol Street Bridge police pistol range to get out of the cold and rain when we were on three wheelers; that ought to tell you how long ago that was. The “bet” was always on the best first shot, loser had to buy the soda out of the machine. We figured if we got into a really bad situation, that first shot was the one that counted; right or wrong, that’s the way we had it in our heads.

The idea occurred to me while the video presentation captured my attention on a marginally interesting subject like the purchase of a pistol, listening to the abundance of factual information and subjective opinions, wouldn’t similar presentations be a welcome breath of fresh air on really important subjects; Stimulus Spending, Cap and Trade, Health Care Reform, National Security or any number of really important topics?

I need to give a tip of the hat; first to Nutnfancy for the quality video and secondly to Never Yet Melted for catching my attention, a beautiful picture of a Smith and Wesson 686P . Why don’t you share your method of information sharing with the folks who seem to exemplify just the opposite, the art of smoke and mirrors, our elected representatives; transparency in government, yeah…

No comments: