Saturday, September 03, 2011

The blog has been revived


 
Yesterday my blog got redirected into oblivion; probably by something I did while working on the template; things like that should be kept out of the hands of folks like me.  I was trying to snatch the URL for a 9/11 Tribute which I’ve had on my sidebar so I could post it on Facebook.  That worked out great; no tribute and it locked my blog off the internet all at the same time.  

I was about to start a new blog to take its place when “Waha” the old blog showed up.  It looked a lot different and my side bar items were gone, including the 9/11 Tribute and all the places I visit regularly.  I was able to salvage some of the links; but if you notice yours is missing, send me an email letting me know, “Do you feel lucky, Punk…Well Do ya’?”

This is Labor Day Weekend so I might have time to do some “tweeking” to the way this blog thing looks.  I’d like to here from you, what you’d like to see added or deleted.  

10 comments:

David said...

Shoulda resurrected on the third day...

;-)

T. F. Stern said...

David, That would have required perfection, something blogger not likely to come up with. lol

Tigersue said...

don't you hate it when that happens. GRRR.

tigersuesjungle@blogspot.com

T. F. Stern said...

Tigersue; thought I'd lost it completely so I feel pretty good that I didn't have to start from scratch.

MathewK said...

Hope the new layout and template is easier to work with. Blogger does have its issues when you least expect them.

T. F. Stern said...

MK, The new template is easier to work with and the "gadgets" make putting things on the sidebar much easier. If only I could get it to write my articles for me...

David said...

*heh* Back when I used Blogger, I had five "blogs"--three of which were just experimental site to try things out on before implementing them where I had content I wanted preserved. Then I exported everything from my main blog to Wordpress.com and lter to my own hosted Wordpress site. Itwas a mess and a lot of fun. :-)

T. F. Stern said...

David, I use this blogsite to preview articles prior to posting to The Moral Liberal which uses WordPress. It gives me a chance to edit and then re-edit; and yes, it's still a lot of fun for me.

jon said...

Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks

Locksmith Fort Mill Sc

T. F. Stern said...

Jon, the template was a standardized one offered by Blogger, nothing extra and it does look very nice.
Thanks for stopping by.