Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Lost Churches of Louisiana


One of the local television stations in South Louisiana actually aired an interview with a black woman from New Orleans. The interviewer was a woman from a Boston affiliate. She asked the black woman how such total and complete devastation of the churches in the area had affected their lives.

Without hesitation, the woman replied, "I don't know about all those other people, but we haven't gone to Churches in years. We gets our chicken from Popeye's".

The look on the interviewer's face was priceless.

Thanks go out to my friend Andy Ricker for sharing this via email; maybe I should take him out for drumsticks, or something…

This reminded me of the fellow who was in the witness stand testifying about a terrible fight before the jury. The question was asked, “Where you shot in the fracas?”

“No, yo Honah, I was shot just above the fracas.”

No comments: