Friday, December 02, 2005

It’s time to call their hand

A few of my friends in the blogging community enjoy playing poker, even posting articles about how they entered contests and the strategies employed to win. I think it’s time for that kind of strategy to be brought to the front in dealing with a bunch of cowardly Senators and Congressmen who continue to wage a war against their own county’s struggle against international terrorists. It’s time to pull a Winston Churchill, as I read Rick Richmon’s post in Jewish Current Issues ( linked via title bar )

Richmon made some excellent points when he compared our current position in the war on terror with that of Great Britain during WWII. He mapped out the fact that there were many in the House of Commons who were voicing doom and gloom that worked against the collective effort to defeat a dreadful enemy, Germany. Please, take the time to read what I consider to be an important piece of writing; something you won’t find in the New York Times or the Washington Post, you won’t hear it on MSM or CNN either.

“I have never ventured to predict the future. I stand by my original programme, “blood, toil, tears and sweat,” which is all I have ever offered, to which I added, five months later, “many shortcomings, mistakes, and disappointments.” But it is because I see the light gleaming behind the clouds and broadening on our path that I make so bold now as to demand a declaration of confidence from the House of Commons as an additional weapon in [our] armoury . . .”

A tip of the hat to Nickie Goomba for his link to Richmon’s article.

Isn’t the internet and the blogosphere a blessing to us all, opening an avenue of information that the regular media would just a soon we never heard or were exposed to because it runs contrary to the agenda they have.

No comments: