Friday, March 20, 2009

Find at Least 6 Differences


I don’t know how many of you read the funny paper each day; there’s one in which two seemingly identical pictures are placed one above the other, the challenge being to find at least 6 alterations or differences. Here’s the one from today’s Houston Chronicle; have fun. Before my eyes started getting older the challenge was a little easier; now I find myself lifting my glasses slightly to raise that portion at the very bottom of the lens where the magnification is maxed out.

With all that’s been going on around us, I wondered what kind of a drawing I could come up with to bring into focus the alterations or differences I’ve observed in the workings of America over the past 50 plus years. I’ll have to work on this one; but here would be some of the items which could be used:

American Flag with 48 stars changed to 50; or the ever popular 57.
American Flag flying in the breeze from a flag pole changed to one on the ground being set on fire or stepped on.
Picture of Constitution hanging on wall changed to empty picture frame.
Bill of Rights hanging on wall changed to shredded document on the floor.
White President in the White House lying to the public changed to Black President in White House lying to the public.
Official Seal of the President of the United States changed to the “One’s Seal”.
Dollar bills with the words Silver Certificate printed on them changed to reflect fiat money.
Sign next to a gas station showing price per gallon $1.29 changed to $3.99.
Oil well pumping on a hill missing in the updated picture.
A large airplane off in the background flying over with Continental Airline logo on its tail changed to a military aircraft with a Hammer and Sickle on the tail.
A line of folks waiting to get into a department store changes to folks waiting in the unemployment line.
A factory with smoke stacks in operation the gates open with signs of production changed to locked gates and no smoke to indicate a closed factory.

These just came off the top of my head; the list could go on and on with a little effort. I’d like to see what some of you come up with.

No comments: