Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Birds of a Feather…and Other Minor Theft Jobs…


My opinion of the current flock of birds can be summed up by this political cartoon which I found at Mike’s America . No need to ramble on when you could click on the link and read his article.

Many folks turn to my wife, Lucy for advice on basic preparedness , and for good reason; Lucy has a wealth of information on how to make do with just a little. However; I don’t think I’m supposed to start a new sentence with However; I found a related article worthy of a link on the subject, even if it gravitates toward the extreme end of the spectrum. I stumbled upon The Grab and Go Survival Pack via Say Uncle ; a tip of the hat goes out to both.

A casual observation regarding the idea of marking off a set distance to your house and setting up silhouette targets so you can practice taking out invaders; perhaps he shouldn’t have taken quite so many notes while watching the movie, Shooter . I don’t think Lucy would post an article explaining the proper use of a sniper rifle in protecting your food storage; maybe I’m way off base on this, who knows…My link to a survivalist blog will get me moved up on Homeland Security’s Terrorist Watch List.

One of my regular visits is Never Yet Melted , links to some interesting sites. The other day he posted a picture of a BMW Z-4 along with a link I couldn’t resist; my toy car being a BMW Z-3. If you ever wanted to know what happens when a car traveling 140 mph on the Autobahn hits a 150 lb deer then this one’s for you.

Rhymes With Right is a good visit most of the time. This morning Gregg asks why someone would remove the stenciled name "LT G W BUSH" from a displayed aircraft outside of Ellington Field . I’d like to know the answer too; great question. My guess is the answer is something close, if not identical to the answer on who told the EPA that it didn’t want a 98 page negative endorsement included in the Climate Report; you think?

No comments: