Thursday, May 27, 2021

Discount Tire Phone Call

 

I’m not sure I’m ready for all the technological advancements in our day.  This morning I wanted to look up the phone number for the Discount Tire store down in Huntsville, Texas.  That’s where we’d bought our tires last time and they’d treated us well.  Using Google Maps on my cellphone I typed in Discount Tire Huntsville, knowing that as soon as it came up it would show how to get there along with their phone number and hours of operation.

Sure enough, the location came up along with a note reminding me that I’d been to that location two years ago.  I then called the number and a fellow named Johnathan answered and greeted me, “Hello, Mr. Stern, what can we do for you this morning?”  Apparently, my phone number also let him know that we owned a red 2017 Hyundai Sonata and that we’d purchased four Michelin tires back in January two years previously.

I was impressed; all that information came up as soon as my phone number appeared.  I asked how many miles were on the car when we’d purchased those tires and he had the answer as I explained how many miles were on the vehicle now.

“Looks like you’re in for a refund of $41.00 per tire then.  That should help as you purchase those new ones.”  He then reserved four new tires out of the inventory which showed he had nine in that size.  “We look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning around 9:30am.”

No, I’m not sure I’m ready for all this new technology…

No comments: