Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yakity Yak Don’t Talk Back

There’s a story on the wire coming out of Izola, Slovania, about a human tongue being served up for lunch at the hospital’s canteen. I’m sure this happens all the time; just nobody talks about it. ( bada boom! )

Last summer doctors removed part of my liver along with my gall bladder. I told my wife there’d better not be liver and onions on the hospital menu or I was calling my lawyer. Of course, that was all said tongue in cheek. ( bada bing! )

The chef at the canteen was at a loss as to how the item in question was served up. He was unable to answer questions posed by the local authorities, “What’s the matter, cat got your tongue. ( rim shot and cymbal crash )

The doctor who found it wasn’t quite sure what it was; sure it wasn’t a piece of chicken was seen scratching his head, quite certain he knew what it was, “It’s on the tip of my tongue.” ( awwwwww! )

I could go on like this all night, as Arlo Guthrie would say while singing a few extra bars from Alice’s Restaurant; “I’m not tired…(extended pause)…or proud….” This story reeks for additional puns; please jump right in.

No comments: