Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Cuss O Meter

I ran across something peculiar this morning while visiting The Last Amazon. Kateland wanted to see how much cussing would be found on her site; I wonder, does that include the comment sections since some of the folks who stop by are down right vulgar. I make no excuses for my own occasional trips to the gutter; being a locksmith requires special technical vocabulary, which by the way, transferred easily from my twenty years as a police officer.

“Gosh dern it, show me your hands or I will be forced to apply take down tactics during your apprehension!” I’ll let you figure out a more common phrase which would get a third grade mentality bad guy’s attention. While less than one percent is a lot better than most of the blogs out there, as my report cards would indicate all through my youth, “Needs Improvement”.

I wonder how many of us take the time to clean up our act before sharing it. I have no desire to pollute clean running rivers or streams and I carry my trash in my work truck around all day until there’s a garbage can to place it in; I see this as an extension, a reminder to clean up our thoughts and to discard unacceptable language. I put a link in the title bar or just click on the graphic.

I’ll have to refrain from quoting most of Hollywood, Dick Chaney’s now famous one liner and most of the jokes some of my friends shares. If you can’t repeat a joke in Sunday School it probably isn’t worth sharing anywhere; at least that’s the advice my parents gave me. There really isn’t any reason to trash the language so this is a good challenge for me and those I regularly exchange ideas with.

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?
Created by OnePlusYou

No comments: