Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hey Mike, Just Do It

The Miata may have been fun and the Mini okay too; but when you got a glimpse of the Spyder it went into your dream box. It’s time to let that dream out of the box.

I’ve had my dream car in our driveway for quite some time, 1999 BMW Z-3 Coupe; it would’ve been a shame never to have enjoyed this little green jewel. Okay, sometimes I put it on the lawn to wash and polish it; call it a yard ornament with a 2.8 liter engine.
Here’s a tip, leave the dog home; dogs don’t like going over 80mph, makes them cranky. If anyone thinks you’re too old to be out buying a toy like that, tell them you’re planning ahead for the time when you and your wife have to live in an assisted living center. This way you won’t have to buy one of those silly looking go carts with your Medicare; you can go down the halls in style with a 918 Spyder. What are you waiting for, just do it!

5 comments:

Starsplash said...

Well.....Beam me up.

T. F. Stern said...

Pretty little jewel, isn't it; hard to believe that car's 11 yrs old.

Starsplash said...

Ya man.

MathewK said...

I thought you had the convertible.

Nice car though, especially since you got the inline 6. Few can make a smooth in line 6 like BMW.

T. F. Stern said...

MK, I don't have much use for a convertible and the lines on the coupe just look better. They didn't put the little 4 banger in the coupe as far as I know, only in the roadster and it was underpowered so most of those have either the 2.5 or the 2.8 that year. I think they went to the 3.0 in 2001; but I have enough and then some for anything I want to accomplish. Yes, it's a fun car to drive.