Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Appreciation for my health

I’ve been struggling these past two weeks tying to get back to top form. There's a bundle of nerves pinching in my back that has made it painful to move and has affected the way my right arm works. I still can’t feel part of my right hand and that makes working a challenge.

I went to physical therapy this morning and was reminded of how blessed I really am; noting that the fellow next to me had suffered through a couple of major strokes and was severely limited in what he could do. I didn’t want to sound like I was complaining, recognizing that I am able to work, to enjoy my family and continue pursuing that elusive "happiness" afforded by our unalienable rights.

It could have been much worse, not being able to get the job done and having to watch as the competition walked away with the prize; a little like the Astro’s relief pitching staff choking away the first two games of this young season (linked via title bar). Maybe I can get my arm back in time to fill a slot in the bullpen; put me in coach, I’m ready to play.

No comments: