Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bird of Prey

Lucy called to me a few minutes ago, “Come Look!”, pointing excitedly as she washed the morning dishes in the sink. There outside our kitchen window, on my next door neighbor’s rook was a bird of prey, I think it’s some kind of Falcon.

The Mockingbirds were making life miserable, dive bombing and pecking the Falcon’s head unceasingly as it had wandered into their territory. I took several pictures with my digital camera, never once catching a mocking bird in harassment mode. Lucy suggested I go outside and get a little closer, a chance to capture the Falcon in all its splendor. The moment I moved around the hedge at the corner of my house where it meets with the driveway the Falcon made its escape into a tall pine on the next street behind us. It happened quicker than I could snap off a picture of the wings stretched out, Mockingbirds in hot pursuit.

No comments: