Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Angels and Demons


I actually do listen to my children, not that I admit it all that often. My oldest loaned me a Dan Brown book to read last year, Angels and Demons. I told her that I had enjoyed The Da Vinci Code and that “one day” I would get around to it. A year went by and I had not opened the cover, letting it sit in front of my computer while I read all kinds of politically oriented material. I had a chance to visit my parents this past weekend and so my daughter made it clear that I had time to read while at the airport or on the plane and that I had no reason not to read Angels and Demons now.

It was a great read, fast and furious as the pace never let up. This sounds like a critics review and I plead guilty to that. If you get the chance, not that you have to read it while waiting at an airport or locked away at thirty thousand feet for a couple of hours at a time, Angels and Demons is worth the effort. For those who can’t resist, the last two words in the book, “have you?”, unless you want to count the credits.

No comments: