Monday, May 16, 2005

Star Wars or Iraq


“If you’re not with us you’re against us” apparently is a line in the latest Star Wars movie given by the Skywalker character as he becomes Darth Vader of the Dark Side. I was listening to an NBC’s morning show commentary; pieces of the movie were being highlighted in the background with full color snippets from the film; fragments of things going off into space while the commentator brought up his revelation, “That’s the same line Bush used” or something close to warn us that the Dark Side has already taken over.

My goodness how the news media must hate George W. Bush as they made it a point to bring up a line that the President of the United States of America used in his speech at the beginning of our war in Iraq. Isn’t it wonderful that the American news media would immediately jump to the conclusion that our President Bush must then be on the track to become a Darth Vader and have thrown his lot to the Dark Side.

I had just posted my comments regarding the “flushing of Islamic holy scripture” to other blogs to point out my opinion that the American news media is acting against the best interests of the American people by running stories that are slanted in such a way as to bolster hatred towards America in general. I see no end to the lengths our “friendly” American news media will go to cast shadows on anything connected to the current administration; just think how bad it would be if they really wanted to get ugly.

While I was putting my thoughts together I could hear the teapot whistle letting me know it was time to fix my oatmeal. It suddenly dawned on me that the problem with the American news media has to do with a lack of fiber in their diet. If they all would start eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning it would help clear up their blockage problem, their thinking would become more clear and it follows that their reporting of the news would improve. Why didn’t someone more clever than me notice the obvious, the news media is just full of it.

Thanks to all the blogs I read this morning for highlighting the issue, Powerpundit, Rossputin and Roseville Conservative to name some off the top.

No comments: