Monday, May 30, 2005

Your Favorite Place to Go…?


I was reading Jahn’s blog “There’s a place Where I go” the other day, enjoying his poetic writing; but more than that, I enjoyed his metaphysical answer. I thought about my favorite place to go; here’s what I came up with, Home.

Home is where I am happiest. Lucy is home and we have dinner together, share quiet moments and dream of building a log cabin on our land in Pagosa, Colorado. Home is where my easy chair waits in front of my computer, my connection to the internet and my extended group of friends. Home is where my children come and share their lives, our grandson can visit his Peapaw and go for walks. Home is where my accumulation of pets hang out; Andie the senior grey kitty is 14 years old, Bubba kitty is 9 years old, Missy “Puppy” we’ve had for 3 years; but she was already 4 or 5 when she got dumped, and there is Roxie puppy who also just got dumped on us and I have no idea how old she is. The hobo’s X on our front door must still be visible.

So, when you need to have everything your heart desires, all you have to do is tap those ruby slippers three times, repeat the magic words, “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home…”

Where is your Shangri-La? This is called, Tag – your it!
Posted by Hello

No comments: