Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Ignorant Thief or I Have No Clue Let’s Just Break It!

I’ve been making far too many service calls on newer vehicles, the kind that won’t start without a properly programmed transponder key. These vehicles have been butchered with hammers, screw drivers, wrenches as in days of old. A thief with limited abilities used to be able to beat the crap ( technical locksmith term) out of a steering column and access the gears to steal almost anything. Now these same idiots can destroy quite a bit of very expensive gadgets and never once start the engine.

I’m thinking of starting a newsletter; one directed toward amateur car thieves. Maybe I can enlist the help of the local police department’s Auto Theft Division to get me a mailing list for the newsletter, or just leave them a stack for the detectives to hand out to the next generation of auto thieves. I can call it, The Ignorant Thief or I Have No Clue – Let’s Just Break It!. I could print a list of all the cars and trucks that are easy to steal, another with the ones that are not. I could get Bail Bonds companies to advertise and Attorney’s who specialize in defending stupid criminals would want a piece of the action too. The problem, at least as I see it, most of these folks are too stupid and can’t read.

Today’s genius, rather, last night’s genius destroyed the door handle to get in; punching the lock smooth into the door cavity. He then took a sledge hammer to the dash board of the brand new 2006 Dodge Charger. I have no idea how much time this bozo invested before walking away empty handed. I do know that it will take at least a thousand dollars in repairs just to fix the cosmetic damages, never mind the electronic packages that will have to be replaced.

On the other hand, as much money as this has been generating for me, maybe I should start selling hammers, screw drivers and large wrenches when the sun goes down, hand out some of my business cards and wait for the phone to ring. The UPS man just delivered another box of replacement ignition switches, gotta’ go now.

No comments: