Friday, March 10, 2006

Payback is Hell


Last week my daughter Jennifer posted a picture of me, one that I had protested as being uncomplimentary. I’d flown up to visit them after the birth of my first grandchild and was exhausted from the trip. Sometime during my slumbers Jennifer borrowed my camera and snapped a few pictures. I thought about deleting them as soon as I found them on the memory disc; but Jennifer protested, saying that she really like them. I knew I should have deleted them,

During Jennifer’s Senior Prom and all the festivities that went along with graduation from High School, the parents were asked to supply a picture of their child to post on a huge bulletin board. All the other students were to guess who their classmate was by observing the childhood photograph. I suppose Jennifer had that in mind when she posted my picture; payback is hell! (linked in title bar)

The photo was taken right after church. Jennifer was all dressed up and slipped out the back door and into a muddy bird bath before her mother was even aware. I snapped the picture and kept it tucked away in the stack of albums for when she was grown. I would tease her, telling her that I’d show it to the young men who would come to pick her up on dates. She never thought I’d post it on the bulletin board for everyone to see, for that matter, post it on the internet. At least she had all her clothes on for this one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: