Thursday, December 06, 2007

Are We Go For Launch?


I’ve got my fingers crossed hoping everything goes smoothly since Bonnie flew out to watch the launch. I had to look up the details, mainly the planned time of launch; finding an article by Tarig Malik ( hope I spelled that right ).

“Atlantis and its seven-astronaut crew are poised to launch toward the station with the European Space Agency's (ESA) Columbus laboratory on Thursday at 4:31 p.m. EST (2131 GMT) to mark NASA's fourth shuttle flight of the year.”
Update:

NASA announced there would be no launch today due to an issue with sensors in the oxygen tanks. If the problem can be fixed in a timely manner the space shuttle could go up tomorrow afternoon around 3:00pm. I don’t see what all the fuss is about; I had an oxygen sensor go out on my Dodge truck and got it fixed right away. Come to think of it, the dealership had to drop ship the part out of Dallas and it took a full day to get it.

I couldn’t say for sure if Bonnie was disappointed, like I’m not sure if the sun will come up each morning; but the grass won’t grow where she spits today. Chin up Bonnie; there’s always tomorrow.

“Tomorrow, tomorrow…I love ya’ tomorrow…You’re always a day…a….way…”

No comments: