Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Trading Places

Several years back Dan Aykroyd was in the movie Trading Places. He was as down on his luck as he could fall, dressed in a filthy dirty Santa outfit stumbling around in the rain, when a dog lifted his leg to end a near perfect failure of a day. He’s sick to the point of death and looks every bit the part of deranged.

I’m not felling so good today, for that matter it’s been a rough week trying to cough up one of my lungs and having to settle for some ugly dark green stuff. I sent an email off a while ago letting the folks at the temple know I’d be unavailable for service tomorrow; Lucy said I’m to see a doctor so I must be grossing her out as well.

Yesterday I took my truck in for an oil change and found the battery needed replacement as well. There was a leaking of fluid from the power steering unit so today that was replaced; they actually got it fixed, the second time I took it back to them, a puddle of red fluid to clean up from my driveway. Unlike Dan Aykroyd’s character, if that dog came near enough to lift a leg I’d hark up and spit a huge green chest clearing, throat coated wad squarely on its head and watch him die of suffocation right there on the street.

9 comments:

Jahn said...

I've had days like that.

Hell, I've had months like that.

Sometimes, life stinks out loud.

The probligo said...

Be happy, TF. Science says that the green colour comes from chlorophyll, a by-product of an effective and active immune system.

I guess that you will wait for someone else to tell you that?

MathewK said...

Hope you feel better soon TF, and kick the dog if it tries that crap.

Lucy Stern said...

TF went to the doctor this morning and is now on medication.... Most of the time he gets past these kinds of things but this time he needed a doctor.. Glad he went.

David said...

Just get well, TF. Lucy, I'm sure you can MAKE him get the rest and care he needs. :-) My Wonder WEoman sometimes has to be firm with her "oldest child"--the one she married. *heh*

T. F. Stern said...

At $45 a bottle that had better be some really good cough syrup. The label says it doubles as a substitute for jet assisted take off packs on large transport planes so I'm guessing it might handle my bronchitis.

Eugene Tan said...

You'll live, T F. Given your ascerbic post, I'm sure you've got more kick than ever.

Let's say a prayer for the dog...

David said...

Whoa! JATO cough syrup! Gottagetmesome-athat! :-)

Best Stock broker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.