Saturday, May 26, 2007

Have They Died in Vain?


I wrote a piece last year, one that more effectively explains our need to reflect on the sacrifices made for our benefit. Please take a few moments by clicking on the title bar which will link you to that article.

Memorial Day weekend has arrived, a chance to acknowledge those who died while serving in the military. Those of you who can’t stand the America I grew up with are free to spit and cuss on their memory; just remember that you are doing so in English, not German, Japanese or some Arabic language.

I’m not in a mood to discuss the disgust I feel for the controlling majority that occupy the House and Senate, those who are caught up in their political games as to risk destroying my country. I would hope that those men and women currently serving in harm’s way will forgive us for putting low life cowards and traitors in office.

I extend my appreciation to the makers of Dr Pepper, Lays Potato Chips and Blue Bell Ice Cream for stocking the shelves at the local grocery store. It wouldn’t be Memorial Day without snacks to munch on while enjoying the ball games on television and acknowledge my debt to those who paid for my privilege to enjoy such pleasures with their lives.

No comments: