Monday, May 28, 2007

It’s Memorial Day – Play Responsibly


I posted my Memorial Day article on Saturday ( linked via title bar ) and here it is, Monday already. I read several thought provoking posts which I will provide links for those interested in shedding a tear or two.

Here in Houston there are ceremonies at the National Veterans Cemetery where the Scouts provided the labor force which placed hundreds of American Flags all around the drives that snake through that sacred ground. I think the weather forced a cancellation of an Air Force “fly over”; something which is thunderously noticeable to anyone within miles of the cemetery.

I mentioned that the weather is a factor today; our hamburger cooking will be done courtesy of the George Foreman table top grill instead of the back yard cooker. I mowed the front yard and raced the approaching storm that was being drawn up from the Gulf. I was in the middle of edging the driveway and front curb when the rains began to come down. This was no light shower; but I managed to finish the whole job and it looks very nice with our American Flag hanging above the entry way.

Bonnie took JJ and Jocelyne out to play in the rain, jump around in the puddle that forms at the base of my driveway and then got out the watering hose for some extra fun. Lucy was able to capture some of the “responsible adult supervision” with the camera.

Here are those Memorial Day Links :

  • Third World County’s Memorial Day


  • Principled Discovery’s Something to be proud of
  • No comments: