Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Very Last Visitor Counter that was on the Shelf

I know this must have been the very last “counter” because I now have one on my blog; a little like when we were the last family on the block to own a television back in the 50’s. I never could figure out how a visitor counter would be of any benefit since I have such a small community of folks who leave comments; well, not so apparently. Lots of folks stop by for a visit according to this “gadget”; they might not leave a comment as they peruse my stuff but they do come by.

I have Ed Minchau to thank since he posted about a newer kind of counter, one that doesn’t attach cookies, on his Robot Guy blog (linked via title bar ). I’m a chocolate chip and oatmeal cookie monster; that and some milk make for a nice snack; I know, not the same kind of cookies.

Ed also volunteered to help set up my antique “Blogger” template to accept this new information and while he was at it corrected some old issues. Ed fixed the Life Liberty and Property logo that had vanished when my computer crashed last time. He also got rid of a partial logo from the now defunct High Country Bloggers Association which fell apart long ago.

Ed, thanks for going the extra mile with me on this; you have no idea how easy it is for me to screw up when it comes to HTML gibberish. If this had been a scene from City Slickers, the part where instructions had been given as to how to set up the VCR to program a show, “The Cows Could Do It By Now!”


I should have mentioned that the counter is located at the very bottom of the whole page of blogs; not very conspicuous now is it? Then next thing will be counters with pop music or that beep into my cell phone with each visitor; this one will be obsolete.

No comments: