Monday, May 15, 2006

Power Plus MPG Gasoline Additive Testimonial

One of Lucy’s friends started selling a gasoline additive that he said would give us an edge with gasoline prices soaring; something that would get us much better gas mileage.
The stuff is called Power Plus MPG, manufactured exclusively for DreamLife Products, 888-429-8216,
www.powerplusmpg.com , and comes in capsule form. I was instructed to put several capsules in the gas tank after having topped off at the gas station, run two full tanks through and then take the truck in to have the fuel filter changed to give it optimum performance. I had been averaging about 14mpg, as I reset that function each time I fill up; with some hope of increasing that figure. That was the middle of last week.

Friday, two thirds into that first tank of gas, I noticed an unpleasant odor when I would start the truck, like something in the A/C ducts that might have been drawn in from the engine compartment after shut down. I drove some more and each time I started up the odor was present. I then noticed the “check engine light” had come on. I checked the gauges and noticed that I had used quite a bit of gasoline, more than normal for the miles driven and so I clicked the overhead readout; “11mpg”, not exactly what I had been told to expect. Saturday was the same only the odor was more pronounced. I called my regular mechanic only to hear it ring; must be nice to have Saturday off.

I had to wait until Monday for my trusted mechanic to open his shop, put the fancy diagnostic computer tool on my truck and tell me what the problem was. He waited while it went through the self checking and then told me he would need to drain the rest of the gasoline that had been corrupted, clean out the fuel lines, the injectors and put in a new fuel filter. I am supposed to drive around with a tank of fresh gasoline for a day or so and hope that clears the reading for the oxygen sensor and some other sensor or they will have to be replaced too.

So here’s my testimonial for Power Plus MPG, give me a refund on the remainder of the product I purchased and I will give you a full “ten count” to get clear from my view while I go in the house and load up my gun. If you’re still here when I get back outside I suggest you swallow some of those additives and hope like the dickens that they work better in you than they did in my truck.

4 comments:

Drywall Mom said...

As for the two people that have posted comments, he go the instructions from the person selling it. So maybe you should tell the company's sales people to tell customers how to use it right. But dad, you bought it from one of mom's friends and that's all I'm going to say about that.

The probligo said...

Every time the price of fuel goes up, these products suddenly appear on the market.

The only one that I have found that really works is the helium filled balloon that you attach to your accelerator foot.

T. F. Stern said...

I did contact the company and they said I'd gotten some bad gasoline, that it couldn't have been their product; however two different mechanics told me that I had to be some kind of idiot to have put that s%$t in my tank. They also said that the odds of having both oxygen sensors destroyed at exactly the same time was similar to the odds of winning the lottery and that it had to have been the crap I put in the tank. In either case I will continue to regret having put that crap in my tank. If the distributors of the product are so stupid that they tell their customers the wrong way to use the product I see little hope for the entire company.

T. F. Stern said...

goodresults,

You must never have heard that a good customer will tell a friend about it, an unhappy customer will tell everyone. I've already admitted to being stupid enough to put that product in my gas tank. I'd of thought if you were so smart you'd let this fade into oblivion; instead you keep agitating me.