Monday, February 21, 2005

Icthy Michalanous Extincta




My grandson and I have a chance to walk the
puppy whenever he comes over to visit. It is
one of the best jobs in the world being a grandpa.
He calls me Peapaw and it is the highest
compliment I ever get.

We look at the moon, the stars, trees and

leaves. We have conversations about the
most interesting things, some of which are
beyond belief. I was explaining to him that
at the far end of the street he could look at
some dinosaur bones. His eyes lighted up
wide and he began to pretend he was marching.
I later found out that there is a song on NOGGIN's
web site, "We are the dinosaurs, marching, marching.
We are the dinosaurs we make the Earth flat!"
JJ is able to get around pretty well on the internet;
glad he visits the good sites.

Here we are, a 3 year old boy and a 54 year old boy

marching, marching to see the dinosaur bones.
I suppose that my imagination and my sense of
adventure may have taken an ordinary set of tire tracks
in some white latex paint and created the fossilized fish
skeleton. I gave it a name, Icthy Michalanous Extincta,
pronounced, Ik thee - Misch a lane us - Ex tinct a,
to make it official. It is no different than my own
grandfather warning me that Soy Sauce was made
from pigeon's blood. May we never recover from
our imagination, not ever.

No comments: